L.A. Construction are specialists in the design, supply and erection of timber frame structures that allow for a quicker build program and takes advantages of the latest developments in construction to meet low U-value requirements.
Traditional open panel timber frames are the most widely used form of modern methods of construction (MMC) in the UK and are ideal for a wide range of developments, including both residential and commercial.
The timer frames also come with an option of pre-fit non-fibrous high performance insulation. You can select from a multitude of thickness allowing you to achieve low U-values.
During the design phase of the timber structure we provide comprehensive design and development support and seek to integrate our client's designs as soon as possible.
The timber frame design service draws upon the use of the latest CAD and IT technology and is facilitated by an experienced design team that are well versed in all aspects of timber frame engineering.
Once the design phase of the timber frame has been completed we send the designs off to the manufacturers. Once complete a dedicated timber erection team will be deployed to erect on site on behalf of the client.
Structural insulated panels (SIPs) are a high performance building system for residential and commercial construction. The panels consist of an insulating foam core sandwiched between two structural facings, typically oriented strand board (OSB).
SIPs are manufactured under factory controlled conditions. This offsite fabrication means that your weatherproof building shell can be complete just a few days after the ground works are ready to receive them.
1) SIPS buildings are generally more energy efficient, stronger, quieter and more airtight than older technologies. Less air leakage means less drafts, fewer noise penetrations and significantly lower energy bills, thus a reduction in CO2 emissions.
2) Modern methods of construction are utilized to factory produce your SIPS home or building meaning minimal wastage and less waste to landfill.
3) The OSB (Orientated Strand Board) that is utilized for the panels is from sustainable harvested spruce. Up to 35% reduction in the amount of timber utilized in a SIPS building.
4) A faster build program will reduce overall onsite costs due to reduced project management, cost of hiring scaffolding, plant, temporary accommodation, safety and security equipment, giving earlier cash recovery, improved cash flow and increased capacity.
5) SIPs are lightweight (approximately 25Kg/m2) making them easier and quicker to assemble on site. However SIPs are also noted for their superior strength. SIP buildings are capable of withstanding extreme climate and weather conditions.
6) Limited Cold Bridging due to the continuity of the rigid insulation within the system provides greatly enhanced thermal reliability, which in turn can provide a platform to achieve Code Level 4 and 5 for Sustainable Homes
GET IN TOUCH
Address: Unit 20a, Burnett Road, Sweetbriar Ind. Estate, Norwich, NR3 2BS.
Phone: 01603 402848
Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 6pm Saturday: 10:30am - 5pm
Closed: Sunday, Public holidays
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.